Thursday 20 January 2011

Steampunk Work

I began focusing on corsets, cogs and victorian styles as a theme for my
inspiration board, helping to achieve a colour pallette for my
colour board, mainly consisting of dark tones.
(Deep green, wine, black, red, cream and brown).
After researching into Steampunk, i found that fabrics often use for this theme
are pinstripes, heavy fabrics, leather, satin and lace, mixing gothic with victorian, which i tried
 to incorporate as fabric samples on my board.
Inspiration board

Fabric board

Colour board

From carrying out research and constructing the above boards,
it allowed me to come up with a range of flat designs. I mainly wanted to
focus on looking at the victorian styles, corsets and cogs as a main
theme throughout my designs, having no limitations.
I also added a hint of colour on some designs, showing my colour pallette.


Initial Designs

After designing a wide range of shirts, i chose my favourite three,
to help me choose my final design.
The shirts being tight fitting and imaginative was an important feature i thought needed to be included.

Final 3 Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment