Tuesday 27 September 2011

1950s

After researching into the 1950's to inspire my Little Black Dress project,
I have once again fallen in love with the era and keep wondering why I wasn't born then..
 There is nothing more eye catchingly beautiful as the
 female form being celebrated, emphasising on the narrowness of the waist
thanks to Christian Dior and his first RTW collection, the 'New Look'.
Dior wanted his designs to brake away from the utilitarian work
clothes of the 1940's and create a glamorous romantic notion of femininity, celebrating
'bums and tums'. Along with many features of this era, the curvaceous form is shown
from the use of boned corsets, bustier bodices, hip padding, wasp-waists, waist peplums
and pencil skirts, many of which I have included into my design work.
Because no one can do it better than Dior..

"I think of my work as ephemeral architecture, dedicated to the beauty of the female body."
- Christian Dior.







Photo's from Google.com


No comments:

Post a Comment