Saturday 1 October 2011

AD203 Sampling

After deciding upon a 1950's theme for my Little Black Dress project,
I knew I wanted to add embellishment to the dress but was
struggling with placement for it, and even after researching
where it was placed in the 50's, such as bows on the waist, pin tucks and
corsages, I still struggled with my decisions. After
contemplating it for days upon days, I created
two fabric sample boards inspired from images from Show Details magazine
where I found the most successful pieces to be embellishment
on the pattern of the lace and on hems to add that extra glamour.
After this much needed inspiration, I have decided to add
black bead embellishment onto the pattern of the lace on the final garment.
Bring on the endless bead sewing!

Sample Board

Sample Board


No comments:

Post a Comment