Monday 13 February 2012

Personal Skills

After many many days of researching into every aspect of the fashion industry,
from pattern cutter, to fashion buyer, designer, PR, stylist, illustrator and merchandiser
I have found that I am most suited to gaining a career in the fashion design
field as I have a passion for the subject, want to carry it on in my studies
at university and I have both practical and technical skills which employers look for.
I have also created my own personal SWOT analysis to help me
with my decisions in relation to university choices.
After an enterprising lesson with Jane Shaw, I also found
that my determination is my highest skill with leadership the lowest!

Strengths:
Technical drawings
  • Illustrator skills

  • Portofolio work - mood boards

  • Embellishment

  • Career in fashion industry - Primark

  • Motivated

  • Qualifications

  • Punctual

  • Pattern cutting

  • Sewing skills

  • Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure

  • Drawing skills

  • Online fashion blog

  • Styling project

  • Helping with college final year fashion show


  • Weaknesses:
    ·         Fashion illustration
    ·         Life drawing
    ·         Confidence
    ·         Funding
    ·         Competitors
    ·         Written work
     
     
    Opportunities:
    ·         Work placement
    ·         University
    ·         Master classes
    ·         Online fashion blog
    ·         Tutorials
    ·         Travel
    ·         End of year show
     
     
    Threats:
    ·         Limited spaces at universities
    ·         Money
    ·         Class members
    ·         Limited resources

    No comments:

    Post a Comment