Tuesday 7 February 2012

Jospeh Larkowsky Illustrations

When updating my portfolio work for university interviews,
and creating my line ups for my FMP final illustrations,
I came across illustrator Joseph Larkowsky who deeply inspired my fashion illustrations.
Joseph, a London based illustrator has a very distinct style and uses the
same materials to give every illustration the same look. He concentrates
more on the fluidity and feeling of the garment instead of the
distractions of the models, giving a whole new look on fashion illustrations.
Interning at Alexander McQueen creating illustrations for the 2012
resort collection is among one of the amazing opportunities Joseph has encountered.
His work is very simple yet effective which I tried to recreate
myself, giving my illustrations a French feel for my FMP theme
with a hat, accessories and moustache effect. I am really
pleased with how my illustrations have turned out as I find
illustration to be one of my weaknesses
Check out his work below!:

Chanel S/S 2012

Givenchy Fall 2011

Alexander McQueen Fall 2012

My Illustration!

To do:
- Finish sketchbook - add fabrics and drawings
- Start boards for my portfolio

No comments:

Post a Comment