Tuesday 22 February 2011

CAAD, week 4.

Over the initial stress of not being able to figure out why my image was
going blank when I was tracing around the flat, I learnt that I
need to press the 'no fill' button so that i can still see my original image underneath.
I also learnt not to trace the whole outside of the flat, but to do each section
individually and create a new layer for each one and use a thin black line to go
around the flat.
I learnt more about the brush tools and how to thicken and add stitch lines
to the garments and how to add block colour and my own fabric
swatches into the flats and how to shrink down the pattern.
To help further with my pen tool and brush techniques, I traced around half of a
model to create a tank top and learnt how to mirror the other half
of the image to create a symmetrical drawing and how to curve the lines.
I found these last few lessons quite successful compared to the first few sessions as
I now find it easy to learn the techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment