Monday 7 February 2011

Final Toile & Alterations

After discovering that i needed to alter certain patterns, i began by
taking 1cm off the shoulder so it would sit better on the arm and widened the sleeve pattern
so that the sleeve head had more fullness in it, creating more gathers.
I also unpicked the button placket and collar to ensure they were sewn on correctly before i create
the final shirt.
After doing this, i arrived at my final pattern pieces, ready to create my shirt!

Sleeve head

Button Placket

Unpicked Collar

Final Pattern Pieces

I picked my final fabrics which are brown leather for the buckles,
cream lace for the sleeve heads and cream cotton for the main body of the shirt.
When doing my final shirt i will overlock all the edges to neaten the insides up,
create a single frill to have less bulk and pull all the corners out of the fabric
properly so that it creates nice, neat edges on all pieces.

Fabrics


Final Shirt Toile, Front & Back

No comments:

Post a Comment