Friday 25 February 2011

Steampunk Boards Development

After having a tutorial on my Steampunk portfolio work, there are a few
changes which i need to make to my boards, such as
adding more drawings, larger annotation, and using cream imagery to
link to my cotton, lace and leather fabrics for my final shirt.
I also tried to create a 'package', having a common denominator
on each board, linking them together, which i decided would be my key
drawing, having the same style writing and laying each board out in the same way.
The inspiration board as a whole worked well, so i decided to lay out the rest of my
boards in this way. On the fabric board, i chose cream and brown colours and the fabric
im using for my final shirt to do manipulations on and i changed around the colours on the colour
board to help create more of a set of boards. To create the final design board, i included
the key drawing, flats, fabrics, imagery and matching annotation to complete the
overall look.

Inspiration Board

Fabric Board

Colour Board

Final Design Board

No comments:

Post a Comment