Tuesday 8 February 2011

Introduction to AD107, CAAD Project.

Over the past few weeks we have been introduced to the new project alongside
the Steampunk project, which is CAAD - digital skills.
For this project, were are asked to create 2 A3 colour digital fashion illustration
boards containing the final colour, fabric swatches and background. I also need
to keep a daily diary of my time in the CAAD sessions to show how i am developing over the
week with my new skills. With this I also need to collect 20 images of digital
fashion illustrations from 1980-2000 and comment on how digital illustration has
changed over this period of  time and then create an essay from this research.
During the first lesson I found CAAD to be very difficult as I have only ever
used it for a few weeks during my Art Foundation course.
We were taught how to use the basic techniques of Adobe Illustrator, how to
fill colour and use the pen tool, which is neccessary for doing anything on illustrator.
In the first lesson I was practising how to use the pen tool, by drawing freely and
doing pictures of myself to help build my confidence with the tool.
I also learnt how to scan and do more pen tool techniques and completed a basic
illustrator and pen tool quiz online to test how well i already know the subject.
For my Steampunk project i was asked to create layout sheets of initial designs, which I
then took and scanned into the computer ready to trace them up with the pen tool.
When trying to trace the first flat up I traced around its original shape successfully
but im still not sure why the whole picture has went blank inside the tracing. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment