Thursday 27 October 2011

Little Black Dress Final Design

After weeks of designing and researching, I finally arrived at my final design!

Final Design

Final Fabrics -
Lace, Tulle, Cotton & Lining

I chose this design as I wanted to include the hip padding, corset, bow
and tight fitting silhouette of the 1950's, which I feel I have
managed to accomplish.
The design consists of a corset, a lace overlay top with 3/4 length sleeves, a belt around the waist,
a tight fitting skirt, gathered hanging waist panels, a zip on the back and a neck panel
coming from the corset which pulls through over the lace top and ties at the back as a bow.
When I construct the final dress, I have decided to use fabrics from the 50's,
such as cotton, lace and tulle and I will also add lining to the dress.

Cotton: Corset and skirt
Lace: Overlay top
Tulle: Neck piece
Lining: Inside of the dress

No comments:

Post a Comment