Thursday 10 November 2011

AD202, CAAD Work

After having already done 3 weeks of CAAD work, I 
am pleased with how quick I have managed to pick up the skills again.
For this project, I am asked to create 8 A4 spec sheets of designs,
and in the past week, we have started the first sheet!
To begin, I drew around the outline of half of the dress with the pen tool
and reflected half. I learnt how to profile lines, turning the
gathered lines into triangles to fade them off so they become less harsh,
I drew the rest of the details onto the dress and after what seemed like hours
of attempting to draw in the zip, I found a brush tool which creates the same effect.
I also learnt how to do hem lines, using the brush stroke and adding dashes in it,
using double lines for hems.
I find the lessons really successful and quickly getting to grips with illustrator again!




No comments:

Post a Comment