Tuesday 15 November 2011

Dress Making Continued..

After having spent 5 weeks on the Little Black Dress Manufacture project,
I have almost completed the dress, with only the hem left to do!
Over the past week I had added binding onto the neckline and cuffs of the
lace top, ironing the binding in half, placing the lace between the layers and sewing
with a top stitch, to give a neat end result and see what effect I would achieve.
I encountered some difficulties when sewing the skirt onto the corset,
which resulted in many moments of using the unpicker..
When pinning, I matched the seams up perfectly, yet still
managed to create small tucks, lining that hadn't been sewn down
and seams that didn't line up.
After resolving the problems, I placed the garment onto a tailors dummy
and was really impressed with what I had managed to create.
I decided to add a small stitch into either side of the middle of the neckline
to create a more squared effect so that the neck piece would glide over successfully.
After adding the zip into the dress along with the rest, I pinned and sewed 
the beads onto the lace top, trying to create the shape of the flowers, but
not quite convinced that it looks effective.

Now only a hem left to sew!

Binding

Sewing skirt and corset

                                                                     Pinning for beads

Dress front


Dress back


No comments:

Post a Comment