Sunday 20 November 2011

Work Placement - Primark

After speaking with my tutor, I have decided to also use
my part time job outside of college as my work placement
as there seems to be a lack of work using just
the fashion show event planning.
For this, I will look back over my weeks of working at
Primark and keep a weekly diary of the work I do
during my shifts. I will also produce evidence of the company,
the work I am involved in and my position and contribution to the company.

Week 1
·        Had introductory day - at federation brewery - 9-5 - got paid - talked about company, worked in groups learning about each other’s interests, what the perfect employee looks like - clothing etc.
·        Got trained on how to use the clock in machine - done by hand
·        Talked through staff handbook
·        Got given contract – 8 hours over the weekend – 4 hours per day
·        Told where and when to arrive to start job
·        Made new friends - enjoyed the day
·        Nervous to start!
Week 2
·        Trained on how to use the tills - found it really difficult - had to go through manual by self to learn how to use it - difficult to remember everything
·        Managers and people really nice
·        Worked with managers to put stock out - sweets around the till banks
·        Got tour of the building
·        Got introduction on fitting rooms - how to work on them - procedures
·        How to use telephones etc.
·        Worked with supervisor on the underwear department to create a display unit – helped choose the underwear to be displayed and was asked to choose accessories to match it with – really enjoyed doing it! – got to use fashion side as part of it
Week 3
·        Started job properly! - store opened
·        Was put straight onto a till - serving customers - impressed with how well I managed to remember how to use the tills after a few weeks
·        Helping others to bag pack behind the tills when there was a lack of customers
·        Helped on department 8 – womenswear – had to work with colleague to tidy the vest rails – put in right size order, make sure it looks neat and tidy, all hangers facing the right way, pick up the stock lying on the floor – very time consuming
·        Agreed to do overtime until Christmas – only on Saturdays – working an extra hour until 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment