Tuesday 1 November 2011

Final Dress Toile!

After having discussions with tutors, I began altering certain pattern pieces after placing the toile
on a stand and seeing what could be improved.
I decided to take the corset darts in a bit at the top as it had too much fullness,
add more ease to the sleeve, taper the skirt in at the bottom to look more like a pencil skirt,
take 1cm off the back skirt panel, as it was too long and didn't match up
to the front when sewn and make the lace top middle part into a square
so the neck piece can go over the lace easily.
Before beginning the final dress, I decided to cut the new corset bodice pieces
out in calico fabric, re-sewed them and placed it on the stand to see if
it was more successful.
After doing this, i arrived at my final pattern pieces, ready to create my final dress!

Beginning of toile making

Corset alteration

Lace top alteration

New corset piece




Final Toile Front & Back

No comments:

Post a Comment