Tuesday 10 January 2012

AD205, Final Major Project.

For my final major, I have been asked to produce a self directed brief,
using my strengths and creativity to embark on a personal voyage of discovery, style and design.
I am asked to produce a shop report carried out in more than one city, come up
with a market level, create a critical path to help with my time planning and project structure, portfolio
research on my chosen theme, explore fabrics to create a fabric sourcing file,
design development and line-ups, design and create an outfit and produce an evaluation.
So far, I have done a presentation on my work, chosing 'Parisian Chic' as my theme, a mid range
designer market level with store competitors such as Ralph Lauren, DKNY, Calvin Klein
and Vivienne Westwood, and will create an outfit consisting of a dress and a jacket if I have enough time.
I have chose Parisian Chic as my theme as Paris is a very fashionable place
being the home of haute couture, with a lot of inspiration.
Parisian fashion is very timeless, elegant, classy, fashion forward, simple
style conscious and feminine which I hope to portray in my design work.
As part of the work, I will look at 'la belle epoque' and the French revolution
to help with my inspiration, generating most of my ideas from the vintage side of Paris.





Images from Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment