Tuesday 17 January 2012

FMP, Week 2.

After deciding upon my theme and market level, this week I began with my
design work, gaining most of my inspiration from the 'La Belle Epoque'
which took place in late 19th century Paris, marking the optimism and
discovery of new technology and medicines after World War 1.
It also overlapped with the Victorian and Edwardian era's
which I will continue to look further into to gain more
inspiration.
For the project, I was asked to create a critical path,
where I can keep an eye on my progress and plan the work
I want to produce over the weeks. Taking inspiration from a critical
path hand out from college, I have created my own below,
ensuring that all work will be completed before hand in on 22nd May '12.


This week I also had a discussion with my tutor on my work
produced so far, and finding that I need to look into
vintage interiors and the Eiffel Tower to create a mood of the era in
my sketchbook. We also discussed that I had a good start to my work
and should perhaps just make a dress, without a jacket as
they look like items on their own from my designs.

To do:
- Add drawings and fabics to my sketchbook
- Do design development on dresses
- Have 8 design sheets completed - designing a capsule collection -
begin to design jackets, trousers, skirts, tops etc.

Pages from sketchbook:






No comments:

Post a Comment