Friday 6 April 2012

Styling Project Final Images!

After many, many long weeks of staring at images from the photoshoot,
I have finally chosen my final 4 ready to put in my portfolio for hand in!
I have chosen a mixture of images, consisting of blurred backgrounds, black
and white effect and black and white background with coloured model and garment
to give a variety of choices and show my editing techniques.
I found these to be the best 4 images as they really draw the viewer’s eye in and really relate to my theme which shows in the photos. I also love the detailing of the garment which is shown in the images and the accessories, from the glasses to the gloves which really sets the picture off and gives a glamorous, desired 1950s effect.
For the photo shoot, my photographer and I had a strong idea from the start on what we wanted the images to look like and the location of the shoot. When meeting the photographer I showed her a file of research which included a vintage image of a woman on a bridge, which inspired us a lot. From this image we decided to have the shoot at Newcastle Quayside with the same composition with the bridges in the background which I felt worked really well for the theme. Another idea for the shoot was at Stateside Diner in Newcastle, again linking to the 50’s theme and inspired by the Louis Vuitton 2012 campaign ad. We found this location wouldn’t give us the images we desired and was unable to use for legal purposes. I found working with the photographer and producing the shoot to be really exciting, from preparing the model, buying accessories, to taking the photos as it gave me an insight into what the fashion photography side involves and the opportunity to work with others outside my profession.
Overall, I am really pleased with how the images have turned out and have
really enjoyed my time on the project, being able to work with a mixture of
people, from photographers to models and using my new
styling side to construct the shoot to my best abilities.

Google.com - Inspiration for final shoot

Final 4 Images:





No comments:

Post a Comment