Sunday 1 April 2012

Mary Katrantzou Elle Collections S/S 2012 - Article Review



After stumling across this article in Elle Collections magazine, I was
immediately drawn in as Mary Katrantzou is now one of the most
well known Greek designers to hit London. The article
talks a lot about her as a designer and how she has managed
to get where she is now from her individual stamp she brings
to her work. With this, we also gain an insight into the woman
herself and her own personal style - "Minimal and black" - which does not
seem to reflect her designs or personality in any way. The article uses
a lot of adjectives to describe her upcoming collection which gave me a
feel of the collection and allowed me to paint a visual picture on how
the collections, colours and prints will look. The article is very positive on
the designer and having images alongside the text helps to visualise what the
writer is saying. It also gives me an insight into her life before a
fashion designer, starting out in textiles which is where she seems to have
gotten her amazing prints from and celebrates how she creates them.
Although the article talks a lot about her collections, I feel there are elements
which are missing out on such as her debut collection at Topshop, which
cements her place in the industry and gained her more followers. I do feel that my
opinions have changed after reading the article as I have gained a deeper
understanding into Mary as a designer and where she sees herself going
in the future in regard to her collections. What I like about the article is the way it has
been set out giving off a real design style to it from the images, text and
spacing that have been used, but do feel that larger images would be
appropriate to give the reader a clearer view on the designers
beautiful prints. Overall, I feel the article works really well and gives me a lot
of knowledge on the designer and what her work is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment