Tuesday 17 April 2012

FMP, Week 14.

After multiple times of continuously looking over my mood boards on ways
to improve the layouts, I am finally pleased with the results!
I added drawings and images such as French stamps and the Eiffel tower
to try and create a mood on the boards to reflect my chosen theme.
I created a colour board to show the colours that would be
used in my collection, which I chose very natural colours such as creams, white, navys, greys and black to give an essence of the famous 'white and navy' French colour pallette.
To fill a space in my portfolio, I found it neccessary to include a
board on Coco Chanel and her design work, being the most famous designer
to come out of Paris, and her take on Parisian Chic.
Within this, I found she used/uses a lot of heavy embellishment
in her work which I have also recreated in my own final garment.
Today, I have began concentrating on my colour placement technique on my
final line ups. As I find this to be a weakness, I decided it was a good idea
to photocopy the line up sheets to do colour testing before I started on the real sheets
so they dont become ruined!
My intention was to create a subtle hint at the colour and not to create a
colour blocking look to it. I feel this worked well on the final design sheet
as the illustration was created using Adobe Illustrator and the colour
sits really well with the dark outline.
When doing the same on the line up sheets I didnt feel it created the
same effect so have decided to scan in the sheets and create them on CAD!
And theres me thinking I wasnt going to have to use it again!

With my dress, I have decided to create and design a hat to go with it!
I gained inspiration to do this from one of my tutors, Jill, who creates and sells
hats/fascinators, who agreed to help me create one and teach me the trade
after viewing my final line up styling.
Excited to start hat making! 

New Contemporary Theme Board

New Historical Theme Board

New Colour Board

Chanel Board

Final Design Board

Line ups and Colour Placement Testing

No comments:

Post a Comment